Friday, February 1, 2019

Othello Seminar Essay -- essays research papers

The Theme of whopIn William Shakespeares Othello the Theme of Love is very important. The primary(prenominal) themes conveyed are Love eject be used against you/ hunch forward can be manipulated, and love is blinding (unconditional love). The theme of love can be used against you is ruff sh declare in Othello and Desdemona, Cassio and Bianca, Roderigo and Desdemona, and Iago, Roderigo, and Brabantio. The theme of love is blinding is best shown in Desdemona and Othello, Emilia and Iago, and Brabantio and Desdemona.Love can be used against you/ Love can be manipulated.Iago uses Othellos love for Desdemona against him. Iago hints to Othello that she deluded her father so she could deceive him."She did deceive her father, marrying you, and when she seemed to shake, and fear your looks, She loved them most." (III,iii, 204-206)Like human nature is Othello goes through events which straightaway have answers,"Shes g angiotensin converting enzyme I am abused, and my relief must be loathe her. O curse of marriage,That we can c all told these delicate creatures oursAnd non their appetites I had rather be a toadAnd live upon the vapour of a dungeonThan keep a corner in the matter I loveFor others uses." (III,iii, 264 - 270)Othello is getting angry"Villain, be sure grand prove my love a whoreBe sure of it excrete me the ocular proof," (III, iii, 356-357)Othello hears Iagos predictions"All my fond love thus do I blow to heavenTis gone.Arise black vengeance, from the hollow hell" (III, iii, 442 - 443)Othello believe Iago"Damn her, lewd minx O damn her, damn her get in go with me apart." (III, iii, 472 - 473)She then tells him she is a virgin."No, as I am a Christian.To preserve this vessel for my master keyFrom any other foul irregular touch,Be not to be a strumpet, I am none." (IV, ii, 82 - 84)Desdemona then turns to Iago."O good Iago,What shall I do to win my lord again?Good friend, go to him for, by this lig ht of heaven,I grapple not how I lost him." (IV, ii, 148 - 150)Othello feels guilty because he found surface she was innocent."Soft you a word or two before you go.I have done the state some service and they know itNo more of that. I pray you in your lettersWhen you shall these unlucky whole kit relateSpeak of me as I am nothing extenuate,Nor discipline down aught in malice. Then must you speakof one that loved not wisely, b... ...from the Moor./ My wayward husband hath a hundred measure/ Wooed me to steal it ... Ill have the work taken out, / And givet Iago. / What he will do with it, heaven knows, not I / I nothing, but to please his fantasy."(III, iii, 287 - 296)Emilias love blinds her from Iagos true nature. She disregards his vulgarness towards women. She also disregards how badly he treats her."A good bird Give it me." (III, iii, 311)"You rise to play and go to bed to work." (II, i, 114)Brabantio is blinded by love for his daughter. He believ es that she is an innocent child and would never marry the Moor/Othello of her own free will. He is so angered by the imagery that Iago gave him, he wants Othello killed."Damned as thou art, thou hast enchanted her./ For Ill refer me to all things of sense,/ If she in chains of magic were not bound .../ So black eye to marriage that she shunned/ the wealthy curled darlings of our nation, / Would over have .../ Run from her guardage to the jet-black bosom? Of such a thing ... to fear not to delight." (I, ii, 63 - 71)"Lay hold upon him if he do resist,Subdue him, at his peril." (I, ii, 80 - 81)

No comments:

Post a Comment